High-quality Slate Roofing Services In Mobile
The Authority in Roofing
- Directorii $20,000 Guarantee
- A+ BBB Accredited
- Affordable Financing Options
Mobile Slate Roofing Company
Slate roofs provide a durable barrier and superior protection for your home. Not only that, but they also improve your home value and boost curb appeal like no other. Slate is made out of natural stone, making it a sustainable roofing material. However, this also means that it is quite heavy and requires a certain level of structural support for installation.
Super Roofers is a local Mobile roofing company with knowledge and experience to install a beautiful slate roof with care and precision. We are Mobile, AL’s roofing company of choice when it comes to providing only the best in slate shingle roofing in Mobile. We’re committed to assisting you every step of the way and answering any questions you may have throughout the process.
Call us today at (251) 259-2413 to schedule a free consultation. Learn more about our slate roofing services and your options. Asphalt, metal, and tile are some of the other roofing materials we specialize in.
The Pros and Cons of Slate Roofing
Every type of roofing has pros and cons. We’re here to help you know exactly what to expect.
Pros of Synthetic Slate Roofing
- Appearance – Slate looks wonderful and is an all-natural material. The dark stone look is a feature of many homes, allowing your home to stand out and look unique.
- Energy-Efficient & Environmentally Friendly – Being naturally dark in color, slate absorbs heat when it’s hot outside and releases it when the weather cools off, saving you money on your energy bills and helping to offset the initial cost.
- Fire Resistant – Unlike many other roofing materials like asphalt and cedar, slate tiles themselves are completely fireproof, making them the premier fire-resistant option.
- Longevity – A slate roof is cost-effective, in that it can last anywhere from 60 to 150 years, provided the initial installation pricing is within your budget.
Cons of Synthetic Slate Roofing
- Find a Contractor That Knows Slate – When hiring a contractor, it’s important to find references and ask about a contractor’s experience with slate roofs. Unfortunately, many try to install them with limited knowledge due to the high-profit margins.
- Fragile – Beware of walking around on slate roofs, slate is extremely fragile and one misstep can cause thousands of dollars of damage in broken tiles!
- Weight – Because slate roofing tiles can weigh over 1,000 pounds per square, you’ll need to ensure your home or business structure is sound before installing them.
Slate Roof FAQs
What is the cost of installing a synthetic slate roof in Mobile?
This cost will ultimately depend on your home’s size and the slope of your roof, as well as the style and colors you choose. Contact us for a free inspection to evaluate your slate options.
How long is the warranty on synthetic slate roofing?
As with many of our products, a lifetime warranty is available in addition to the 5-year workmanship warranty to ensure that you get the most out of your roof. Speak to our roofing specialists to ask about the specific types of synthetic slate we use and we would be happy to share more about the warranty information.
Are synthetic slate shingles better than natural slate shingles?
Synthetic slate shingles are lighter and less expensive than natural slate shingles. While both are environmentally friendly roofing materials, synthetic slate shingles are easier to transport and install because of their weight and uniform size. They’re less fragile than natural slate, too.