HIGH-QUALITY SLATE ROOFING SERVICES IN Birmingham
The Authority in Roofing
- Directorii $20,000 Guarantee
- A+ BBB Accredited
- Affordable Financing Options
Birmingham Slate Roofing Company
Slate roofs are not just a great barrier that keeps your home protected but they also improve home value and boost curb appeal like none other. Made out of natural stone, slate is a sustainability and superior roofing material, but it’s not available for every home. Because of its weight, it requires a certain level of structural support as well as a roofer who can install it with care and precision.
When it comes to providing only the best in slate shingle roofing in Birmingham, Super Roofers is the high-quality roofing company of choice. We’re committed to assisting you every step of the way and answering any questions you may have throughout the process.
Call us today at (205) 236-3650 to schedule a free consultation. We can’t wait to share with you our slate roofing services and your options. Asphalt, metal, and tile are some of the other roofing materials we specialize in.
The Pros and Cons of Slate Roofing
Every type of roofing has pros and cons. We’re here to help you know exactly what to expect.
Pros of Synthetic Slate Roofing
- Longevity – A slate roof is cost-effective, in that it can last anywhere from 60 to 150 years, provided the initial installation pricing is within your budget.
- Appearance – Slate looks wonderful and is an all-natural material. The dark stone look is a feature of many homes, allowing your home to stand out and look unique.
- Energy-Efficient & Environmentally Friendly – Being naturally dark in color, slate absorbs heat when it’s hot outside and releases it when the weather cools off, saving you money on your energy bills and helping to offset the initial cost.
- Fire Resistant – Unlike many other roofing materials like asphalt and cedar, slate tiles themselves are completely fireproof, making them the premier fire-resistant option.
Cons of Synthetic Slate Roofing
- Find a Contractor That Knows Slate – When hiring a contractor, be sure to get references and ask about a contractor’s experience with slate roofs. Unfortunately, many try to install them with limited knowledge due to the high-profit margins.
- Weight – Because natural slate can weigh over 1,000 pounds per square, you’ll need to ensure your home or business structure is sound before installing them.
- Fragile – Beware of walking around on slate roofs, slate is extremely fragile and one misstep can cause thousands of dollars of damage in broken tiles!
Slate Roof FAQs
What is the cost of installing a synthetic slate roof in Birmingham?
How long is the warranty on synthetic slate roofing?
Are synthetic slate shingles better than natural slate shingles?
It can be hard to quickly schedule an inspection, and many roofers take months to get your job done.